In a world where the definition of fashion keeps changing every second, consumers feel the need to only invest their time, energy and money into brands which have been successfully trying to break the path of mainstream rules, by inventing their own theories – which, riskily enough, have worked well for most of them. One such brand I have come to know through their signature looks of crisp menswear, is Mr.Button. Started in the year 2012, the company has paved it’s way into most wardrobes, including mine. Intrigued by their company, and wanting to know the ethic behind this initiative of theirs, I sat down for an electronic tete-a-tete.
1) What is Mr Button?
Mr Button is a modern day man with sublime taste for the best of everything stylish. Always on the move, he is a phenomena which personifies high style, charm, character and a swagger of the modern dandy. He is a Character who knows his style and lives for the best of everything
2) How do you see to it that Mr.Button stays well informed and knowledges itself as to the trends going on around the globe?
We are inspired by everything which is sharp and classic. We love story telling therefore a story is envisaged around a character or a theme. Our design team does a regular research on current trends in menswear through global runaway shows and WGSN. We strongly believe in real style of real people therefore we regularly peruse street style as worn by stylish men around the world in photo books of Scott Schuman and Tommy ton. A huge inspiration is also drawn from Music. It always is Music.
3) What makes Mr.Button the one stop destination for men, what according to you is its USP?
Mr Button in a one stop solution for all the wardrobe woes of the modern dandy. We have everything to make you a stylish and well put Together man. Our crisp and modern range of menswear consists of everything from shirts, tees, blazers , modern Nehru jackets, trousers, shorts and bags. Mr Button’s USP will be the structured fit and a line of styles which are minimal yet have a own story and a personality which every man can relate to
4) Name 3-4 basic wardrobe essentials a man must have in his wardrobe.
Every Man should own these four essentials
• A crisp white shirt- this is the starting and probably the end point of your wardrobe. Enough said
• dark blue denims- every man should have a pair of dark slim jeans in blue. Get it from a good brand and wear it to glory as it will age with grace
• White t – shirt – the most versatile piece of clothing, a classic crew neck will save your day. Wear it with almost everything from your shorts or under your blazer or jackets. Get them in good quality fabric and you will always be on top
• Navy blue chinos- a pair in blue will always be your saviour to any outfit. Match it with almost any colour and it will never disappoint.
5) Who is your favourite designer?
On any given Day Sir Paul Smith and Ricardo Tisci. Currently loving every bit from Raf Simons, Rick Owns and Alexander Wang.
6) When people think about your company or product, what are the feelings and associations You want them to have ?
Mr Button is a character who embodies sharp and minimal clothing for the modern Man. We constantly create content and stories to guide a man and help him get the best of menswear. We aspire to be a brand which is known for its storytelling and a curated range of sharp and modern menswear every-time. We want our people to have a sense of pride and a sharp edge when they walk out in Mr Button style.
7) What are the emotional benefits that only you deliver to your customers?
The emotional benefit which only we deliver to our customers will be a sense of being in a style which is modern yet classic. Each and every single style has a unique name which helps the customer to connect instantly with the product. They feel it to be someone with a character, with a story and a product which will bring in a sartorial elegance for them. The story behind each product makes it very real and something which can be easily related with the style and its owner.
8) What kind of personality does your brand have?
Mr Button is a sharply dressed man who knows his style. Mr Button is a storyteller who believes in connecting with its people by method of character building and classic menswear designs with modern adaptation. The new age and Young appeal of the brand makes it someone with strong sense of style which resonates from every move.
All in all, from this conversation I had with the efficient and responsive team at Mr Button, I’ve concluded onto having one of the best, and my most memorable professional experiences. Now with the launch of their campaign, The Disruptive Summer, I’ve been excited only to check the brand new collection out, which for the first time has the introduction of Tank Tops. One last thing I want to say before signing off, thank you Mr Button, for making me #FEELSHARP!
Styled by – Mr. Button
Stills – Shreya Bahirat
Location – Taj Deccan
Ps, this collaboration is sponsored by Taj Deccan, when very whole heatedly lent us the gorgeous place for our shoot! Mad props to you guys for holding the fort down.